Terms and Conditions
Snap Your Best Sticker Selfie & Win contest (“#VTRECStickerSelfie Contest”) isorganized by Vehicle Theft Reduction Council of Malaysia Berhad (771609-T), hereby known as the “Organizer” or “VTREC”. This contest consists of one (1) round for a continuous period, from 17th June 2019, Monday 10.00am to 17th August 2019, Friday, 11:59pm (“the Contest Period”)or any period as notified by the Organizer on VTREC Instagram and Facebook. The Organizer may, at its sole and absolute discretion extend or shorten the Contest Period at any time without any prior notice to any party (the “Extended or Shorten Period“).
Duration of Contest
17th June 2019, Monday @ 10.00am to 17th August 2019, Saturday @ 11:59pm
Entry to the competition is free.
- To participate in the contest, contestants must have an Instagram account with its privacy settings set to “Public”.
- Contestants must Like and be a fan of the VTREC Instagram page.
- Contestants must take their best selfie with the sticker of campaign official logo “SayNo to Vehicle Theft” (usage of any smartphones are eligible for this contest).
- Contestants must upload the sticker selfie on Instagram, tag @vtrecofficial and 3 friends, and put hashtags#VTRECStickerSelfieand #saynotovehicletheft.
- Contest winner will be announced on VTREC’s Facebook and Instagram. It is the responsibility of contestants to follow this announcement closely.
- The Organizer reserves the right to reject any contestant at its sole and absolute discretion, without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
- By participating in this contest, contestants are deemed to have reviewed, read and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
- Only approved photos by VTREC will be considered as valid entries to the competition. Inappropriate photos containing but not limited to racial sentiments, nudity, subversive elements et cetera is prohibited.
- Participants acknowledge and undertake that every entry is original, genuine, and creative and created by them and was not created or belonging to any other person or party. The participants hereby assigns and agrees to assign to VTREC all the participants’ rights, title and interest to each entry submitted, for the full copyright period and confirms that the entries made in connection with the Contest shall be the property of VTREC.
- The participant hereby agrees that his or her entry in this Contest shall not contain anything which is an infringement of intellectual property rights of another party, including but not limited to copyright, trademarks or service marks, or which is or is not calculated to bring VTREC and/or its related and affiliated corporations into disrepute or breach of contract or duty of confidence or which is defamatory or in contempt of court or calculated to bring or brings VTREC and/or its related and affiliated corporations into disrepute.
- In no event shall VTREC, its related and affiliated corporations, sponsors, agencies and representatives be liable to the Participant or to anyone else for any loss, injury or death or any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, whether in contract, negligence or in tort, arising out of or in connection to the Contest, the Prize and the Participant’s participation in the Contest.
- The winner will be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rdand consolation x 10 place.
- The prize will be broken down as follows:
|Value of voucher (RM)
|50” Smart TV
- Prize shown on the contest form or any communication materials may differ in terms of colour, specifications or design.
- Prize that is not claimed within one (1) month from the date of the notification of Contest results by the Organizer to the Contest winner shall be forfeited. Prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable in any form for whatever reason.
- The winner shall be responsible for all costs in connection with the redemption, collection, delivery and/or perfection of his/her prize, including but not limited to legal cost, stamp duties, registration and transfer fees, taxes, insurance, spending money and related expenses (such as meals or personal expenses, upgrades, etc) or fees.
- The prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable in any form for whatever reason.
- VTREC reserves the right to replace or substitute the prizes with other items of similar value without any notice to the winners.
- There will be 13 winners from this contest as follow: 1stplace, 2ndplace, 3rd place and consolation prizes x 10.
- VTREC will select the top 13 most creative selfies to be eligible to win the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and consolation prizes x 10. The winner will be determined by best selfie and creativity of the entry with pledge caption on instagram, which will be judged by the Organizer’s panel of judges. The decision of the judges is final, and no enquiries, verbal or written, shall be entertained.
- VTREC reserves the right in its absolute discretion, to select the next eligible winner in the event that any original intended winner is forfeited for whatever reason.
- The winner will be announced on facebook.com/vtrecofficialand www.instagram.com/vtrecofficial, and he/she will need to and agree to send a PrivateMessage to the Organizer on Instagram (VTREC) with his/her contact and personal details for prize collection.
- Prize winners will be announced on VTREC’s social media channels 22ndAugust2019.
- The winners of the Prizes will be contacted via Private Message or Direct Message or Personal Call. If VTREC is unable to reach the Winner after the stipulated attempt above, VTREC reserves the right to disqualify the Winner and to select the next eligible winner in line who fulfils the winning criteria to win the Prize.
- The winner is required to provide contact details, NRIC or birth certificate numbers and any other details that may be deemed necessary and relevant for this contest for the purposes of verification.
How to Redeem Prize
- The winner will need to share his/her contact and personal details on VTREC Instagram via Private Message (PM) within 5 working days, once the winner has been announced.
- Details will then be provided to the winner through the same Private Message conversation.
Prize Collection Method
- Winner must collect the prize from Organizer or VTREC.
- Winner shall collect the prize personally.
- If the winner is unable to collect due to inevitable nature such as serious illness, then with VTREC absolute discretion to consider the prize is to be couriered to Shipping Address provided by the winner, VTREC will not hold responsibility once the prize is couriered out.
- The prizes set out above shall be used / taken entirely at the risk of the winners and the VTREC excludes itself from all warranties and liabilities in connection with the prizes to the fullest extent permitted by law. The prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item.
- The winners shall be responsible for any additional costs, duties, taxes and other incidental expenses which may be incurred as a result of Winners acceptance or use of the prizes.
- The Contest is open to all residents of Malaysia, at least 18 years old on 17th June 2019 (18 years old and above) with a valid National Registration Identification Card (“NRIC“) number at the time of participation of the contest.
- Employees of the Organiser (VTREC) shall not be eligible to participate in this contest including its affiliated and related companies and their intermediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, spouses).
- VTREC, its employees, promoters, or program organizers shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or any injury that may be sustained by the contestants or by any person in connection with the Contest. All contestants assume liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
- The contestant agrees and provides consent to the Organizer for the use of any personal data as provided by the contestant for the purpose of participation in this Contest in line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012and other applicable laws, to the extent that any personal data provided shall only be processed and be used by the Organizer for lawful purpose directly related to the running of this Contest, including but not limited to the purposes of promotional events, advertising, marketing and any administrative matters to facilitate the management and organizing of this Contest.
- Winner may be required to participate in a photo taking session during the issuance of the Prize. Pictures captured may be used for commercial marketing purposes.
- In the event if the prize is being awarded to the contestant having provided false or mistaken identity or information, the Organizer shall have the right to revoke the contestant’s eligibility for the said prize.
- Prize images are for reference only. Prize shown and/or represented for the running of this Contest shall be subject to availability. Prize given is non-refundable. Quality issues with regards to the condition of the Prize is subject to the warranty process provided by the relevant supplier/manufacturer of the said prize item that includes repairs, replacement and/or exchange for a new or equivalent item.
- Prize winner shall not substitute the prize won or exchange the said Prize for money. Organizer reserves all rights in its sole discretion to substitute the prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Organizer is responsible only for the delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for the condition, quality and fitness of the said Prize. Any imposition of taxes, fees, and any other costs associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The organizer’s decisions are final and binding. No correspondence or appeals will be entertained. VTREC reserves the right to the final and ultimate interpretation of this Contest.
- In accepting the Prize, the winner agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Contest. The winner agree to grant VTREC a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs, voice, biographical information and/or statements, at any time or times, in all media types worldwide for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- VTREC assumes no responsibility for late entries due to any reasons including, but not limited to, network transmission failure.
- VTREC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage directly or indirectly incurred by any party including the contestants in connection or arising from acts or omissions or in any way related to this Contest.
- The Contestant agrees to discharge and release VTREC from any liabilities and claims (including from breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of actions at law or equity) arising out of or in any way connected to this contest or to the Contestant’s entry in the contest.
- The Contestant further agrees to discharge and release any third party which is related to and connected with this Contest, including Facebook, from any liabilities and claims (including from breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of actions at law or equity) arising out of or in any way connected to this contest or to the Contestant’s entry in the contest.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing:- (i) save where otherwise prohibited by law, in no event shall the Organizer be liable to any party including the Contestant for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, howsoever remote even if such losses were foreseeable or if VTREC were advised of the possibility of such damages.
- By entering this Contest, the Contestant agrees to indemnify and keep the Organizer and its affiliates, their officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in title, employees, agents and representatives indemnified and harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (including any legal fees), suffered or incurred by the Organizer due to or in any way arising from this Contest.
- If Contestants are discovered to be using or have used improper means to participate in this Contest, VTREC reserves the right to cancel the eligibility without notice including without hesitation, the commencement of legal proceedings under the full extent of the applicable laws.
- The organizer reserves all the rights at all times to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or to cancel it with immediate effect without giving any prior notice to any party. Please be advised that all materials posted on site are subjected to public downloading and viewing by third party viewers.
- VTREC reserves the rights to change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these terms and conditions and Participants shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions, at any time, to change any aspect of the Contest without prior notice and, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the contest in event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- This Terms & Conditions is only available in English and posted only in VTREC official Facebook.
For any inquiries, please contact:
VEHICLE THEFT REDUCTION COUNCIL OF MALAYSIA BERHAD (VTREC)
2nd Floor, Wisma PIAM
150 Jalan Tun Sambanthan
50470 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Tel: +603 – 2274 7399
Fax: +603 – 2274 5910